What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4 PAYG micro sim work in iPad 2? UK T-Mobile

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T mobile UK advertises this...

Hi
I'm new so please bear with me :)
I see T-Mobile are doing an iPhone 4 PAYG sim for £5 + £10 top up and you get 12 months free Internet at 500mb month. It says at the bottom of the page that it is not for use in iPad but surely a change in APN settings would work? Can anybody verify please if they have it or know more.
Thanks btw it's for an iPad 2

T mobile uk website under iPhone 4 micro sim PAYG

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T mobile UK advertises this...

Hi
I'm new so please bear with me :)
I see T-Mobile are doing an iPhone 4 PAYG sim for £5 + £10 top up and you get 12 months free Internet at 500mb month. It says at the bottom of the page that it is not for use in iPad but surely a change in APN settings would work? Can anybody verify please if they have it or know more.
Thanks btw it's for an iPad 2

T mobile uk website under iPhone 4 micro sim PAYG

They may simply not allow it to be used in an iPad. Remember that the service provider can easily detect what device the SIM is being used in. I have used a '3' PAYG microSIM in my iPad; they have an offer specifically designed for the iPad. Have a look at the thread that discussed the best UK carrier for the iPad.

Tim

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the quick reply Tim!
I asked @TMobileHelpUK twitter page and I specifically stated about the 12 months free internet iPhone 4 deal. They told me that it DOES infact work in an iPad/2 to use the data allowance so I think I will give it a shot :). What's the worst that can happen if they detect me? Lock down the sim?
Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the quick reply Tim!
I asked @TMobileHelpUK twitter page and I specifically stated about the 12 months free internet iPhone 4 deal. They told me that it DOES infact work in an iPad/2 to use the data allowance so I think I will give it a shot :). What's the worst that can happen if they detect me? Lock down the sim?
Cheers
Yes - that's the worst. I mentioned the possibility because, in the US, iPad Forum members have experienced a similar problem with their AT&T iPhone4 microSIMs. Let us know how it turns out.

Tim

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - that's the worst. I mentioned the possibility because, in the US, iPad Forum members have experienced a similar problem with their AT&T iPhone4 microSIMs. Let us know how it turns out.

Tim[/QUOTE]

Ok will do! :D

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ordered my sim today and should be here at the weekend will keep you updated. So e good news is that I spoke to T-Mobile and a one-off £10 top up at activation gets you 500mb per month for 12 months free Internet, no need to top up each month to get that! Just got to hope it works nicely in the iPad now :/

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works great! At first I got charged £1 for 10mb but after a few hours I downloaded another 15mb over 3G and my balance stayed the same!

OP
S

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a text come through today that my 12 months free Internet was active :)

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Had a text come through today that my 12 months free Internet was active :)

Good to hear it's working ok.

Currently I am using the 6MONTHWEB booster from T Mobile, so I may try this when mine runs out in September :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts