What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please tell me what I need to do so that Evernote will automatically sync between my iPad and windows computer. I am still a novice, so please make it easy.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You download the computer version of Evernote to your computer, sign it to both with the same account and that's it. As long as you keep the program on the computer, it will automatically sync with the Evernote app on the iPad when you turn on the PC.

I use this all the time and Evernote is synced to my iPad, iPhone, iPad Mini and Windows 7 computer. All seamless and works wonderfully. I can't talk more positively about this app... :)

Marilyn

OP
R

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that and it still does not work, won't sync with Evernote, yahoo calendar or kindle

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

THANKS!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you describe exactly what's happening? Are you logged in to both the computer n]and the iPad Evernote program/app (logged in with the same account, that is)? Do you have the computer version rung? Hate to ask this - but are you connected to the Internet (you must have an online connection to make any sync work)?

To describe what happens for me: I make a change to a note in my Evernote file on the iPad (I'm logged into my account). Then, I can hit sync to force it to sync right then and there. Then, I go to my Evernote on my PC and the changes are there. The reserse is the same for actions done on the PC (can get them on the iPad).

I don't know why yours doesn't work - its all automatic as long as you are logged in...

Marilyn

OP
R

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mickey 330, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! I was doing everythng right EXCEPT hitting the sync button. I was able to get it to work after hitting the sync button. I thought it wa suppose to do it on it's own. Thanks for your help! (I feel like an idiot) :)
redwind30

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! I'm glad you got it working (and don't feel bad - learning new stuff is always difficult at the beginning). Oh, and I know you can set up auto-syncing on the computer, so you don't have to manually sync all the time...

Regardless, I'm happy it worked out. And, thanks for coming back to tell us. Always nice to hear back ... Especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts