What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing PC Photos with iPad Air

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I sync my PC photos with my iPad Air the way they appear on my iPad is very different from when I sync photos to my iPhone. Photos on the iPhone are very neatly shown with a thumbnail for each album. The iPad only shows two or three albums, one of which is a thumbnail entitled Pictures, which shows a thumbnail for every single photo in my PC Pictures folder. Most of the other albums are missing. Does anybody know what's causing this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are both devices on the same version of iOS? The Photos app had some major changes with iOS 8.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are talking about. If you could supply a screenshot of what you are seeing on each device, I could make a better guess. If there is any private information showing, Skitch is an excellent tool for obscuring and annotating screenshots.

OP
holein10

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. Firstly both the iPhone and iPad are using the latest software version (8.1.3) and secondly, as you requested,I have included 2 screenshots of my iPad and iPhone albums. The top album shot is from my iPhone and the lower shot is from my iPad. I hope you can see the difference and better understand my problem. Thanks in anticipation.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Are both devices on the same version of iOS? The Photos app had some major changes with iOS 8.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are talking about. If you could supply a screenshot of what you are seeing on each device, I could make a better guess. If there is any private information showing, Skitch is an excellent tool for obscuring and annotating screenshots.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Quite a difference.

Almost all the albums shown on the iPad are ones that Photos creates itself. You're iPhone probably has some of the same ones, depending on what kind of photos or videos you've taken with it. The others appear to be synced from iTunes on the computer.

Mine looks much the same, except I have All Photos instead of Camera Roll and no Photo Stream, because I have different features turned on in Photo's settings. And I've stopped syncing directly from the computer, at least for now.

What method are you using to sync pictures to the iPad and iPhone?

If you are using iTunes on a computer to sync the photos, check the sync settings in the Photos tab for each device, when that device is plugged into the computer and selected. iTunes keeps separate sync settings for each of your devices. Be certain that they are both set to the same folders (if desired), and that those destinations are still valid.

Worst case, turn off syncing for each device and sync (to remove all iTunes synced photos), then re-select your sync settings and sync again. It it's a lot of pictures you may want to re-sync a few albums at a time.

If you are using some other method, let me know. I'm not sure what I could suggest in that case, but I might guess something.

OP
holein10

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at your alternatives and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts