What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Contacts

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my contacts list turned on, in the iCloud settings on both my iPhone and my iPad, but only 6 of my 130 contacts show up on my iPad. Any way to manually push these? I have the iPhone4S and the iPad1.

Thanks!

Craig

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but I'm subscribing to this thread because I'd like to know too.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on iPhone 4S, under each individual email account, do you also have Contacts toggled to on? That's in addition to having Contacts toggled to on under Settings > iCloud.

Then when I open the Contacts app on iPhone 4S, it shows all my email accounts under Groups. They can be sorted as All Contacts, All MobileMe, All iCloud, and each of my email accounts. My iPad 1 shows fewer ways to sort under the Contacts app, but all my contacts are visible on both devices, as well as my iPad 2.

I use Gmail and several legacy email accounts from other providers. Not sure how that mix might vary from yours, and how the effects might differ.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Contacts from an exchange account (like gmail) dont get uploaded to icloud. TBH they are already in the cloud, just not apple icloud, and I for one can see no advantage in trying to move my gmail account across to icloud.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with no need to move contacts if yours are all already on a Google or other cloud. For me, synching to Apple's cloud in this case was useful because I had several address books and never melded them. Some entries were duplicates, outdated, etc., across several providers, including ones that dated back to the early 1990s. I opened my contacts under an unsorted view and it was like being sucked into a time machine, lol. With the unsorted view, I was efficiently able to weed out and update myriad entries.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use any other service to sync contacts (via exchange using gmail, for example)?

Thank you for your response...one of my many questions regarding the use of iCloud. You're right-the email is in a cloud, just not the apple cloud!!

Most reactions

Latest posts