What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

synchronizing ipad timers

notprissy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site and have a question...

I have purchased 10 iPads and one of the things I use them for is to time presenters in separate rooms. I would like to know if it is possible to control the timer from one iPad that syncs all the others? So that they start at the same time? Versus manually starting the timer on all 10 iPads.

Is there an application that syncs timers or can I control other timers from one iPad?

Look forward to hearing from others,
notprissy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not think that this would be possible. The iPad's operating system, iOS, strictly controls what apps can do and how they interact with each other. In general, apps on the iPad cannot interact in the way they can, for example, on a Windows PC. For an app to be able to synchronise the start event on another app would require a level of interaction that iOS simply doesn't allow.

Maybe other members will have some alternate suggestions, but I suspect the only way is going to be to start all the timers manually.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose you might be able to use some kind of meeting conference app. Some of those allow everyone to view a common webpage, I think. Not sure which apps, or how they work.

Then you could find a web site that hosts timers. They would have to be HTML5, not Java or Flash, so it might be hard to find one.

That's all I can think of, and I have no idea where to look for the ingredients.

Most reactions

Latest posts