What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synchronize Opera bookmarks to iPad

SetTainte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a long term (~10 years) user for Opera web browser.

At the moment I'm really happy with Opera Link that synchronizes my bookmarks and minor notes between my
  • Desktop
  • Laptops
  • Mobilephones
  • iPod

But now I bought an iPad :p

Is there a way to synchronize the bookmarks easily since the iPad version of Opera Mini isn't available for public yet?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it.

You might be able to use the the web site in Safari.

To make it a little more convenient, go to the sight, log in and have it remember you if that's an option. Then tap double rectangle icon to the left of the bookmark icon. If I remember, when you add a page to this (whatever it's called) screen it's supposed to stay there indefinite, unless you remove it yourself or overwrite it by adding too many others.

Be sure to save a bookmark to the Bookmark Bar too, for those occasions when it does disappear.

Reaction score
Apart from using opera mini (iPod app) is there no direct way to synchronize opera bookmarks. You can however get all your opera bookmarks into Safari on the iPad, it is just a snapshot of the bookmarks you have now, any future opera bookmarks will not carry over. Essentially you import the bookmarks into Safari on your desktop and from there sync them onto the iPad.

First export bookmarks from Opera:
Go to File > Import and export > Export bookmarks as HTML
Choose the file name, and click Save.

4. Download and install Safari.

5. Open Safari and select File > Import Bookmarks… (You may have to click the gear in the upper-right corner and then click Show Menu Bar if you don’t have this option.)

6. Double-click the bookmarks.html file on your Desktop.

7. Connect your ipad and select it on the left pane within iTunes.

8. Click on the Info button.

9. In the Web Browser section change the option for Sync bookmarks from to Safari.

part of this instruction come from col.bris, most of it, actually!

Edit: here is the original thread for importing bookmarks from firefox:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/1202-firefox-bookmarks-import.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts