What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opera Mini 6 Arrives for iPad and iPhone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdp9JY57h8&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11‬‏[/ame]​

Opera has today launched its Opera Mini 6 browser for iPad and iPhone. According to the Opera blog, the browser has 90% compression of data traffic, faster and smoother panning and zooming, share buttons so that you can tell your friends about your favourites sites via My Opera, Facebook, Twitter or vKontakte directly from the Opera Mini 6 browser, plus a new skin and redesigned menus. Opera Mini has also now been fully optimised for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 Retina display, and it certainly looks very smart with its predominantly black and red theme. It’s also much more than just a browser, including a “Speed Dial†favourite website section on the home screen which comes pre-loaded with Opera Portal, My Opera, BBC News, Facebook and Opera Sports, as well as spaces for you to add your own favourites.

As Tech Crunch points out, when Opera was first released for iOS in April 2010, it achieved 1 million downloads in its first day. What’s the betting it might even manage to surpass that figure today?!

Click here to download the free app: Opera Mini Web browser for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Choose Opera - Spreading Opera goodness, Opera Mini 6 For iOS – A Better Browser For iPhone And iPad? (Screenshots)

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already got it and its great. It's now a native iPad app.
I think I will remove that safari icon and use Opera instead. :)

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opera is a top browser and one of my favourite ones for PCs, but...
I installed Opera Mini in my iPhone 4 last year and it was quite disappointing. The pinch-to-zoom was not working smoothly at all. I stopped using it and uninstalled it.
The current version looks promising in that video, so I may install it in my iPad.

billpool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it, Like it, and Use it...

Any tools etc out yet? Any news on using bookmarklets etc. with it?

Take Care

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Joseph liong said:
Just mobile version Webpage show on opera 6?
Not a full website page?

Yea, that is correct. Like it goes to the mobile version of facebook and fox news, etc. There is a mobile option in settings, and I turned it off, but it still goes to the mobile site.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Yea, that is correct. Like it goes to the mobile version of facebook and fox news, etc. There is a mobile option in settings, and I turned it off, but it still goes to the mobile site.

Same here. I will stick with Safari :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

stingray1059

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im a opera fan but this one is disappointing. its slow, google and facebook is in mobile mode and it loads the images last.

atomic browser is better.

Most reactions

Latest posts