What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching issue with iMac

Zedray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why I can't see my iPad listed under devices in iTunes on my iMac? However the iPad does show up in iPhoto. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It means the iMac is only seeing the iPad as a USB (camera) device, and not as an iOS device.

I'm not an expert on this problem, but here are some of the things I've heard suggested.

Try another USB port.

Make sure you are running the current version of iTunes.

Reset the iPad: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

That is all I can remember.

If no one wanders by with the answer, try searching the forum for the problem, or go to apple.com/support and search there.

OP
Z

Zedray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet. I haven't got around to updating iTunes to the latest version so I will try that, as I have already tried other ports and resetting the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts