What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad/iMac Photos sync problem

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I asked this question on the Apple Support Forum a week again but have so far received no reply so I am reposting here to see if anyone can help me ...

I have sync'd my iMac's Photos with my new 512GB iPad Pro using iTunes.

Photos on the iMac reports that it holds 10,717 items and yet, even though the iTunes "Sync Photos" is checked to Photos and "All photos and albums", it only reports 8,512 photos. Virtually no photos that I imported into Photos this year appear on the iPad but do appear on the iMac.

I have the space available on the iPad but I do not hold my Photos on iCloud.

Why does it not sync 100%, i.e 10,717 photos assuming that these two numbers are compatible?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that I appear to be the only person in the whole wide world who has, or who has had, this problem! It's very frightening being a lonely outcast!

I have deleted the Photos from the iPad and re-sync'd, I have sync'd by wifi, I have sync'd by USB cable and I have resorted to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon Oaths and Curses coupled with threats of physical violence against the offending iPad, but the result is always the same failure to copy everything across.

I have 512GB of iPad memory, the vast majority of which is currently still free.

I am bewitched, - OK, perplexed - bothered and bewildered, to coin a tuneful phrase!

Maybe if I nudge this, someone might be able to offer some advice?

If you don't know the answer, maybe you know of another august and highly esteemed Forum which happens to have, as an active Member, the world's leading authority on why only 8,512 Photos out of a Library of 10,717 would transfer across! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts