Sync ios notes with toodledo

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Winam, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Winam

Winam
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey folks,
    Just started to use toodledo on ipad and iphone. My wuestion is, is it possible to sync the ios notes with the notes function of toodledo?

Winam

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk!

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Looks like it should be possible. Go to Toodledo on the web, select the Tools menu and More. One of the options is to configure import/export via email. Besides creating a new ToDo with the subject line it says you can use special syntax to enter notes (and other info) as well. That might mean editing your note slightly either before you email it, or in the body of the email before sending, but I see no reason it shouldn't work.

If you had not noticed, you can email your notes from within the app.

I personally prefer the Evernote app to the built in iOS one. It is more versatile and you can get to the notes from almost anywhere. You can email notes from and to Evernote also, so it should work with Toodledo by this method as well.

Though I have Toodledo, I have not tried this myself. If you try it please let us know how it works.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    One more thing, you are using the Toodledo app (or one of a few other's that will sync with Toodledo), yes? I'm wondering why you'd want to sync with Notes if you already have them on the iPad.

Especially since a true sync is not possible, just the import/export option I already covered.

5. Winam

Winam
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Was just a question. I have a lot of notesalready writtem. I was hoping to sync that with toodledo notes mnow to have it on my ipad as well. All new note are in toodledo

Sent from my iPad or IPhone using Tapatalk

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Ok. thanks for letting me know.

I've stopped using Toodledo, not because it's not a good service, but because it was more than I need these days; Reminders is sufficient. So, I can't really experiment anymore, but here is what little I do know.

A free Evernote account comes with a free email address that you can use to send notes to it. The Notes app on the iPad can send it's notes as emails.

Toodledo has a similar if not quite as user friendly service. Toodledo : How to use access Toodledo via email

For notes, I prefer Evernote. I'd only use Toodledo if I needed secure notes or notes associated with my tasks.