What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching apps

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far love my new iPad but if I could change a few things here is my wish list

A way to back space so that you can edit a individual letter without deleting whole words to get to it
I.e.in the middle of a word

Some list showing current open programs so you can jump in and out or better yet show and work with more than one screen at a time. I know double-clicking home let's you switch apps but I'd love to see both my mail window and another app at same time

Last flash so tires of sites that say upgrade your flash player

Other than that so far so good!,

Mary Ann

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far love my new iPad but if I could change a few things here is my wish list

A way to back space so that you can edit a individual letter without deleting whole words to get to it
I.e.in the middle of a word

Some list showing current open programs so you can jump in and out or better yet show and work with more than one screen at a time. I know double-clicking home let's you switch apps but I'd love to see both my mail window and another app at same time

Last flash so tires of sites that say upgrade your flash player

Other than that so far so good!,

Mary Ann

Your wish is our command....

Touch *and hold* the screen near the word you want to edit. After a second a pop-up magnifying glass will appear that will allow you to position the cursor accurately in the middle of a word so that you can use the backspace key in the on-screen keyboard.

To see the currently open apps---double tap the Home button to open up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. You'll see all the open tasks - the most recent on the left and then in descending order of when you last used that task. You can switch instantly to another task by simply touching that task in the multi-task bar.

If you want to close a task, press and hold any task's icon until they all start to jiggle. Then touch the upper left hand corner of the task you want to close - don't worry, you're only closing it, not deleting it.

To close the multi-task bar - just touch the Home button once.

Flash - no way, I'm sorry....

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts