What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surely this can't be true

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that I can only create a web address icon using the Apple browser? I want to be able to do this from Atomic and have Atomic launch when I touch the new icon. Why can't we have fair competition among the browsers?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Fair competition? That's a contradiction in terms surely? ;)

We won't get a 'standard' across the board as the different devs are not obliged to. They'll only give you what they do. Which means every browser has it's pros and cons.

For instance, Atomic can't give you web page icons. And pic heavy sites scroll choppy. Whereas Safari is a smooth as a baby's tush, but doesn't have tabs.

Take your pick

But then, wait until ios5 is out in a couple of weeks and Safari should be the browser of choice again. I currently use Atomic, but can't wait to switch back :)

OP
L

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not the dev's choice. This is Apple giving it's app unfair advantage. Don't you think all dev's would want home page icon creation for their browsers if they could have it?

Most reactions

Latest posts