What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic Web browser problem

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the Atomic Web browser for quite a while now (the paid version.). I don't know how I did it, but I've lost the whole area at the top of the screen! Where the settings button, address bar, google search bar was is just now white space. I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall as I have it all set up the way I like. Any thoughts?

overthetop75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hit the 2 arrows on the bottom right of the screen. Maybe you put it in full screen mode?

OP
bbmountain

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I didn't have the arrows down on the lower right either! I did a complete shutdown/startup and that seems to have fixed the problem...I'm glad :)

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 finger tap puts the browser into and out of full screen mode.

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 finger tap puts the browser into and out of full screen mode.

I am sure this was it. Then, because it is multitasking aware it didn't really restart until a reboot. I love the three finger full screen gesture. Btw, the gestures make this a GREAT browser.

DaveR

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can turn these gestures off in settings. Or better yet re-configure and customize them.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I don't like this app is I can't post on the forum because it won't bring up the keyboard in the post box....

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had it once when Jumping to it directly from Safari
I set up a special bookmark in Safari, so when I want to see a page from safari in "Atomic" all I need to do is give a little tap on the bookmark, and the page pops up on the much better browser - The Atomic.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have it, but I don't use it that often because I think it is way too finicky when you want to long-tap a link to open in another tab. You have to be really still!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I don't like this app is I can't post on the forum because it won't bring up the keyboard in the post box....

Common problem for many iPad browsers with a simple fix, go into settings and change browser ID to Mobile Safari for iPad or something else other than the default. Then most forums will recognize the browser properly and let you edit text.

Using Atomic to post this message in fact.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the same problem here, but changing the setting as mentioned here, i started to get the keyboard. In fact I am answering this post with Atomic.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

just above the talk box in the top right corner is a box with AA in it tap that then it will allow you to enter text.

Is there any way to print via Airprint with Atomic?

would like to see this.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the same problem here, but changing the setting as mentioned here, i started to get the keyboard. In fact I am answering this post with Atomic.

I confirm this
The setting "identify browser as..." is the key
My last ~60 posts were made with the atomic browser.

Things I love about Atomic:
-tabs
-no reload when switching tabs
-private mode
-search within page

Most reactions

Latest posts