What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo’s on iPad Pro

JDCIG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought an iPad Pro 11”. I want to upload a lot of photo’s from my (older) iMac. It used to be very simple on my old iPad Air through iTunes. As i want the same folder structure from my library, i can’t use it now. The only option is to put photo’s on a shared folder on iCloud. But these photo’s are radomly on the folder.

Does somebody has an idea how i can put my structure and folders on the iPad Pro?

thank you in advance!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried going through Finder on your iMac? That’s where you now go to backup and sync your iOS devices if you’re running Catalina.

OP
J

JDCIG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, I can't see the device of iPad Pro on finder. maybe because of the older version of iMac? I can see the iPad device in iTunes and Photo's, but can't migrate this how it should be.

I'm running High Sierra

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my old Macs is running High Sierra and it sees any iOS devices connected to it. What version of iPadOS is your iPad Pro on and have you updated to the latest version of iTunes on your iMac?

OP
J

JDCIG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out what the problem was:
I had to turn off iCloud on iPad for 'Photo's'. Then I could manage to transfer the photo's through iTunes.
thanks for the suggestions!

iPad iOS 13.6.1
latest version of iTunes

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just found out what the problem was:
I had to turn off iCloud on iPad for 'Photo's'. Then I could manage to transfer the photo's through iTunes.
thanks for the suggestions!

iPad iOS 13.6.1
latest version of iTunes
I’m glad you’ve solved your problem. Thanks for posting the solution, it could help the next person with the same problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts