Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by idave23, Aug 24, 2011.

By idave23 on Aug 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  1. idave23

Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks Received:
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by idave23, Aug 24, 2011.

1. GoPackGo
      Kind of sad about this, not going to lie. I hope Cook continues to take Apple in the right direction. And if it's for health reasons, that breaks my heart more!
    2. pEAcEmAKeR
      I feel bad for Steve and all, but I thought he had resigned some time ago?
    3. idave23
    4. Maura

Apple has just released the news that Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of Apple. Here’s the text of his resignation letter in full:
      Following the publication of the letter, Apple immediately issued a statement to the effect that the Board of Directors have named Tim Cook as the new CEO. Cook has also now joined the Board of Directors, and Steve Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Source: Apple
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    5. SweetPoison
      He has been on medical leave since January, I think.
    6. f4780y
      Poor Steve. I'm sure he wouldn't give up the post unless he had to.
    7. jsh1120
      I'm not an Apple fanatic by any stretch. And I differ from Mr. Jobs' vision of the future of consumer technology in many ways. But having said that, there is simply no question that both as a corporate leader and a visionary Steve Jobs is in the first rank of the last century. Even if his personal influence wanes in the near future (and time will tell if it does), he's a giant whose long term influence will be felt for many years.
    8. SweetPoison
      Poor guy. I feel for him. What does this mean for Apple, if anything?
    9. Mountainbikermark
      Like him or not, agree with him or not, he will be missed.

Support Our Troops!!!
      This post was Tapatalk approved
      Sent from this Galaxy