What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of sad about this, not going to lie. I hope Cook continues to take Apple in the right direction. And if it's for health reasons, that breaks my heart more!

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel bad for Steve and all, but I thought he had resigned some time ago?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
steve-jobs-iphone.jpg

Apple has just released the news that Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of Apple. Here’s the text of his resignation letter in full:
To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve
Following the publication of the letter, Apple immediately issued a statement to the effect that the Board of Directors have named Tim Cook as the new CEO. Cook has also now joined the Board of Directors, and Steve Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors.

“Steve’s extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world’s most innovative and valuable technology company,†said Art Levinson, Chairman of Genentech, on behalf of Apple's Board. “Steve has made countless contributions to Apple’s success, and he has attracted and inspired Apple’s immensely creative employees and world class executive team. In his new role as Chairman of the Board, Steve will continue to serve Apple with his unique insights, creativity and inspiration.â€

“The Board has complete confidence that Tim is the right person to be our next CEO,†added Levinson. “Tim’s 13 years of service to Apple have been marked by outstanding performance, and he has demonstrated remarkable talent and sound judgment in everything he oes.â€
Source: Apple

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not an Apple fanatic by any stretch. And I differ from Mr. Jobs' vision of the future of consumer technology in many ways. But having said that, there is simply no question that both as a corporate leader and a visionary Steve Jobs is in the first rank of the last century. Even if his personal influence wanes in the near future (and time will tell if it does), he's a giant whose long term influence will be felt for many years.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SO SAD. I treasure the iPad I'm typing this on developed by the team under Steve's leadership. I wish him and his family the best.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, his health is playing a key role. I hope he's able to take some time and get better. He's an incredible leader and innovator. I fully support Tim's appointment. He's been acting CEO for this entire year and deserves our support, as consumers. I wish them both the best.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found out via twitter text updade.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it Steve!

I guess his liver cancer is just doing too much harm. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts