What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staying signed in on forums

jordan55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to iOS9 on my iPad2 and iPad2 mini and now both will not stay signed in on several forums that I'm a member. I click on the keep me signed in block but no joy. I'm an old Geezer and not too savvy on tech stuff, what am I doing wrong?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the Safari tool bar a dark grey instead of the usual white with black and blue icons?

If so, you've accidentally put Safari in Privacy mode, and it will not remember history, cookies, or other information (like log in credentials).

To leave Private mode, tap the double square icon at the top right of the screen, then tap the Privacy button (also top right) so that it is no longer highlighted. Safari should return to it's white tool bar and remember your log-in credentials when appropriate.

The other possibility is that Safari's Block Cookies settings have been changed. Go into Settings > Safari and find the Block Cookies settings (near the bottom). The best combination of security and usability is to have this set to Allow from Current Website Only.

OP
J

jordan55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, the private mode was OK but had to change the Safari cookie settings. Thanks again.

OP
J

jordan55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having the same problem from time to time after doing the above suggestions, anything else maybe?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some forums and sites have timeouts that prevent you from staying logged in for more than a few days or weeks. After that period they will force you to log in again. If the problem is only occurring occasionally, and on a fairly predictable schedule (per forum), this is mostly likely what is happening.

If for any reason you clear Data and Cookies in Settings > Safari, all site logins will be forgotten and you will have to log in again.

Those are the only two things that occur to me off the top of my head.

Most reactions

Latest posts