What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statusbar clock

quinconces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since my recent update and jb my status bar clock won't work. it freezes on the startup time.
Any ideas? Please don't say 'restore' :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since my recent update and jb my status bar clock won't work. it freezes on the startup time.
Any ideas? Please don't say 'restore' :)

RESTORE!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :) As long as you know that restoring may end up being an option if we/you can't figure this out - may I ask for more info so that the members can try to help.

To start, what version of iPad do you have - and is it running iOS 5.1.1?

What do you mean it freezes on the start up time? Does it stay the time that it is when your iPad is woken up? Have you checked your time settings in the Settings app?

Have you installed any themes that affect the status bar (that's probably a yes, cause status bars usually get themed - so, what theme then)? Have you installed any tweaks that affect time or the status bar? For instance, Springtomize 2 allows you to mess about with the time, both on the lockscreen or the status bar.

Was the time problem always there since the jail break or did it start recently or after you downloaded something from Cydia? In other words, that you remember, did you do something [different] and then notice the time? Have you attempted to do a restart or a reset of the iPad? Does the time work if you put the iPad into Safe Mode (that answer will help us determine if it's a tweak using Mobile Substrate is causing trouble)?

That's all the questions I can think of now. As you can see, the more details on the problem, the more the folk here might be able to see something that will help them figure out what's going on.

Marilyn

OP
quinconces

quinconces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
RESTORE!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :) As long as you know that restoring may end up being an option if we/you can't figure this out - may I ask for more info so that the members can try to help.

To start, what version of iPad do you have - and is it running iOS 5.1.1?

What do you mean it freezes on the start up time? Does it stay the time that it is when your iPad is woken up? Have you checked your time settings in the Settings app?

Have you installed any themes that affect the status bar (that's probably a yes, cause status bars usually get themed - so, what theme then)? Have you installed any tweaks that affect time or the status bar? For instance, Springtomize 2 allows you to mess about with the time, both on the lockscreen or the status bar.

Was the time problem always there since the jail break or did it start recently or after you downloaded something from Cydia? In other words, that you remember, did you do something [different] and then notice the time? Have you attempted to do a restart or a reset of the iPad? Does the time work if you put the iPad into Safe Mode (that answer will help us determine if it's a tweak using Mobile Substrate is causing trouble)?

That's all the questions I can think of now. As you can see, the more details on the problem, the more the folk here might be able to see something that will help them figure out what's going on.

Marilyn

Clock works ok in Safe Mode.
It seems to be a Cydia app conflict. When I upgraded, i reloaded most of my original apps. But did not verify the clock after each installation.
So as far as I can recall, i suspect it started after loading all the apps.
Last resort i suppose is to delete all the apps and reinstall one by one to check any conflict..... Or start to wear a watch again

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you list out the tweaks you have installed? We may be able to spot something. It will be a tweak which has the ability to modify the status bar.

Most reactions

Latest posts