Disney is expanding the 'Star Wars' iOS franchise with the 'Commander' real-time strategy game, bringing real-time strategy "Rebellion vs. Empire" gameplay to Apple's iPhones and iPads. The Star Wars: Commander game from LucasArts is now available on the iTunes Store and you can go ahead and follow the link at the end of the article to download it. Here's how its official description sounds like:
The game is set in the Star Wars universe during the "Galactic Civil War", and you can take sides with the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Commander is touted as a blend of base defense and full-on assault game types. It comes with in-game mechanics like upgradable weapons and comics-inspired graphics. Here are its most important features enlisted:
The game will be released exclusively for iPhones and iPads at launch and is Disney's third branded Star Wars title since the company took over Lucasfilm, and thereby LucasArts, in 2012. Star Wars: Commander is available as a free 56.9MB download from the iOS App Store, but there are also a bunch of inside app purchases that are meant to improve your gaming experience.
- Build and defend your base: Train unique troops specific to each faction, and fortify your base with deflector shields, turrets, heavy artillery, and other defenses!
- Lead epic battles: Strategically deploy powerful armies, units, and vehicles against enemies and players around the galaxy!
- Form the ultimate Squad: Build strong alliances with friends and other players!
- Travel to multiple planets and complete special missions: Play an all-new story as a valiant leader on the front lines of the Galactic Civil War.
- Upgrade your strike team and its defenses: Strengthen your forces with multiple levels of upgrades for each unit!
Search tags for this page