Stable @ 65% Won't Charge further

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by vishvarnay, Mar 18, 2016.

1. vishvarnay

vishvarnay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Recently my Ipad 9 has been having issues with charging. Right now I have it plugged in with the charging unit, and am listening to music and doing a little surfing. The little charging icon shows green with a lightning bolt. But it is holding at 65% and not going any further. I have rebooted and to no avail. Even when I plug in the charger over night, and it is turned off in sleep mode, it still does not advance to 100%. Have sent for another lightning wire hoping that may be the issue. But what if it isn't.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, by 'rebooted' do you mean that you held down BOTH the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appeared (takes about 10 secs), then released and allowed the device to 'Reset'? If not, then give that a try.

Some questions: 1) Which iPad do you own (I'm assuming the '9' above refers to your iOS version); 2) When did this problem start, e.g. after an iOS update/upgrade; and 3) How are you charging the iPad - the original charger/cable and using AC or USB power? Trying another charger and/or cable is warranted - Dave

3. vishvarnay

vishvarnay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi Dave........it is an IOS 9 and it is the original charger that came with the Ipad. And I have reset as you stated, a couple of times at that.
    The Ipad is still connected to the charger (AC) and now has fallen to 60%.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried a different charger in order to see if the problem is with your current charger? If you have a nearby Apple Store, the Genius Bar can test your iPad, charger, and cable to see just where the problem lies.

5. vishvarnay

vishvarnay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you ....Skyfan, I will be at the Mall this weekend and there they have an Apple Store. That should figure it out. Peace.

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let us know what you find out, it may help others with the same problem.

7. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    You may have a full charge, but your battery gauge is wrong. Apple recommends that once a month, you run the battery down to 10-20%, then recharge overnight without using the iPad. This recalibrates the battery gauge. Worth a try.

8. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I had that issue once and it turned out to be the wall charger usb block.