What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop Remote Display

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I purchased splashtop because of all of the high reviews here and the fact that it was a buck ;) It works well - well mostly. My one issue that I can't seem to find an answer for, which was the reason for not using Teamviewer, is the fact that I did not see a way to blank the local display. I do not want the local machine showing everything I am doing if I can help it.

Teamviewer has the ability, but it is two menus deep after you connect, and it is only for one session. It works, but is annoying.

I've used irdesktop (I think that's the name) it's free, does what I need, but won't support native resolution.

Splashtop seems to have some great features, but does anyone know a way to accomplish this other than turning the monitor off every time I leave the computer? (not going to happen - I won't remember...)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you downloaded the update to Splashtop that was released this morning, you'll see - under 'Experimental Features' - a 'Lock Screen' option, that does exactly what you want. Only works with Windows 7 though.

Tim

Reaction score
It is possible to have a blank screen on the remote computer, however it does require you to use the latest Splashtop update, as well as Windows 7 running on the host computer.

If you have Windows 7 running, than on your iPad open Splashtop, enter Settings->Experimental Features->Lock Screen: On

This feature has only been recently integrated into Splashtop, so it may not yet work properly.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to have a blank screen on the remote computer, however it does require you to use the latest Splashtop update, as well as Windows 7 running on the host computer.

If you have Windows 7 running, than on your iPad open Splashtop, enter Settings->Experimental Features->Lock Screen: On

This feature has only been recently integrated into Splashtop, so it may not yet work properly.

We'll have to stop meeting like this....the Lock Screen works fine as does the connectivity over the Internet - a great new Experimental Feature. I was really pleased I downloaded this on Sunday - at 59p who can possibly complain. I was also surprised at how easily the connecting over the Internet worked. After a couple of false starts (I hadn't read the instructions on the Splashtop website :( ) it works just fine. Very clever...

Tim

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
We'll have to stop meeting like this....the Lock Screen works fine as does the connectivity over the Internet - a great new Experimental Feature. I was really pleased I downloaded this on Sunday - at 59p who can possibly complain. I was also surprised at how easily the connecting over the Internet worked. After a couple of false starts (I hadn't read the instructions on the Splashtop website :( ) it works just fine. Very clever...

Tim

A short test shows that the lock screen feature does work as intended. The only worry is, that there is absolutely no indication, that the system is accessed remotely, so someone seing the remote computer, might think it frooze and simply restart it.

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all :) Guess that's just good timing... I'll d/l it and try it now. That was the only thing I didn't like. I thought I had read it was possible previously but couldn't find anything to note it. I have W7, so it's not an issue. I am not worried about someone else rebooting, as no one else will use my pc, just don't want the display up and running. This might make it a done deal... I hope so :)

Most reactions

Latest posts