1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Sound not on

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jovl2012, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jovl2012

jovl2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My ipad2 has no sounds such as the keyboard clicks or mail whoosh, or game sounds, even though all my settings appear to be set for "sound on". I did originally have all those sounds, but no longer. What did I do? And how can I reset it? By the way,, I can hear music and videos.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please check the 'slide switch' (upper right side) - this is defaulted to mute the sound and can inadvertently be switched to that setting - I'm assuming that you have adjusted the volume control? Also, open the multitask bar and swipe right until the sound control is seen to make sure that function is set correctly.

If the above suggestions do not help, 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' your iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the maneuvers - please post back your results - good luck!
  3. jovl2012

jovl2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! It was the side control mute button. Since I could hear videos, I assumed that it was not set to mute. So the sound is back, and now i know why I I originally muted it!
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Well one of the first options to check & glad that it was a simple solution! :)
  5. orejak

orejak iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help meeee! It's been a day that my iPad 2 has no volume...it works while is not on the dock, but as soon as I put it back it doesn't have volume at all. I have try shutting it off and on but still nothing, I did check settings to see if it went on a mute setting, and "nada". Do you guys know what could be the problem? Thank you very much!