What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Tips on stretching your iPad battery’s life

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It takes about 4 hours plugged at 10 watts to have the device fully charged. The battery lifespan should cover 1000 full charge and discharge cycles.

1. Always makes sure that it has the latest software.

2. Keep Auto-Brightness mode on.

3. Turn of Wi-Fi and 3G if not available or not in use.

4. Switch to airplane mode in areas with poor or no coverage.

5. Minimize use of location services (Maps).

6. Turn off Push Notifications (App Store, Apple Push Notification Services)

7. Fetch new date in lesser frequencies by switching to Manual Mode.

8. Turn off Push Mail and minimize updating emails real time (Yahoo! or Microsoft Exchange).

9. Set iPad to Autolock in a minute.

10. Use iPad regularly and charge at least 1 cycle per month.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you please explain the difference between turning off WiFi +3G and Airplane Mode ?

I thought that when turning on Airplane Mode it automatically turned off WiFi+3G , or am I missing something ?

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you please explain the difference between turning off WiFi +3G and Airplane Mode ?

I thought that when turning on Airplane Mode it automatically turned off WiFi+3G , or am I missing something ?

yeah your right about turning on airplane mode will automatically turned off WiFi and 3G...
Wifi off is just wifi off. Airplane mode won't let you make calls, make data transfers or text, it will disable all wireless connection.
And remember even if you turn off your WiFi your gadget will still scan for any connection.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it ! Thank you very much for your answers :))))

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off my Location in the settings and that helped a lot :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts