Some New iPad Users Complaining of Poor Wi-Fi Reception

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Mar 21, 2012.

1. santosusana

santosusana
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, well, I'm having also problem with the wi-fi connection. I check with my MacBook and the net is a quite strong, but with the iPad is a quit weak or even nothing. And sometimes, if I'm making a video call by Skype, the connection gets really bad sometimes, even with my router 3 meters from me....
    Do you think that the network set will solve me also that? I didn't want to make without sure, because I have too many networks configured already...
    Thanks a lot,
    Susana

2. eKindom

eKindom
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  3. santosusana

santosusana
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Well, I just have really problem with wi-fi. My battery never got hot until now, and the rest works just really good....

4. splatterzone

splatterzone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wife and I both bought iPad 3 wifi only 16Gb. For what's it worth I bought a black one and she got a white. My wifi was terrible and hers was great. After several days of suffering, I exchanged mine for a white one and it works great now. Probably had a run of bad cards at a particular factory.

5. quake5254

quake5254
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Here's mine.

Attached Files:

6. KJSmitty

KJSmitty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Strange that your download is great yet your upload speed is so low. Typical service with 40Mbps down would at least have a 2-5 or more Mbps upload. My low end cable service is 10mbps down and 1.5mbps up for comparison.
    Could be normal yet you may want to question it etc.

Cheers

7. butterfly68za

butterfly68za
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Last year, I found an app for the PC, loaded it onto the notebook, and walked all over the house testing the wifi signal. I have 2 dead spots in the house, on the veranda in the furtherest corner from the router and inside the kitchen, which is about 3m from the router. A couple of weak spots too. Based on this test, I rearranged furniture so I could be in spots where I had the strongest signal. Hope this info will be of use to anyone struggling with signals.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

8. santosusana

santosusana
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Well, I have the white version.... And the wi-fi is bad, so...
    Some people said that resetting the wi-fi connections that was solving the problem.. Another's tried and didn't... As I don't know where I saved the paper with my Internet password, I cant sill try in this moment (tomorrow I have my Mac with me, and finally I can check the pass), so I will try tomorrow... Hope that works, if not, I will have to go to the apple store as well, and get another one...

9. toemaytoe

toemaytoe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I travel quite a bit and have found that when I have login issues in my room via wifi the first question that I am asked is if I am logging in with a computer or with my iPhone/iPad. iOS devices are known to have problems in areas where the signal might be marginal. I can tell you that I've noticed time and again that my notebook pc will login faithfully while both my iPhone and my iPad will have problems. Just one of those things I guess.

10. AirPlayit

AirPlayit
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for sharing.