What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Ipad apps won't open PLEASE HELP me.....

menii1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did u tried to reset ur device, just hold for 30 sec both the open and hold keys (both same time), till it close and reopen then try again, opening the apps, hope it works :)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do the apps crash as you open them up or does nothing at all happen when you tap on an app icon? Do ANY apps open okay?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just download a small free app and that will fix the problem of the other apps not opening.

OP
W

waynetan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded new apps same error... Apps will open for a second and will close and back home....

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
waynetan said:
I downloaded new apps same error... Apps will open for a second and will close and back home....

Okay, so they crash. Is this the same with ALL apps or only a few, or one or two in particular?

Do make sure to:

1) CLOSE ALL APPS that are running and in the background by using the task tray: double click Home button, tap and hold on one icon then release when the icons start to "jiggle" then tap the little "x" on ALL of them.

2) THEN DO THE RESET again: press and hold Home and Power buttons until you see the screen go black and the white Apple logo comes up, then release...be patient this takes several seconds...if you release before that it won't fully reset. Give the iPad time to finish and reboot. This WILL take a short while but it WILL complete.

3) NOW TRY TO OPEN AN APP that has crashed before and see if the problem persists.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

jpro80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there.. i seem to be getting this problem as well the last few days. It seems to only be happening to the apps i've downloaded. the stock apps that come w/ the ipad2 are fine. i click an app, looks like its going to load, then it just goes back to main window. I tried several times doing your method with no luck. afetrwards, i tried the small app download thing and that fixed the problem.

why does this happen and how can i avoid it?

The only thing I did tonight was load new epub books into my itunes and into ibooks. im running ipad2 w/ 5.0 any help would be great :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts