What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart covers?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to know from owners of smart covers if they are worth buying? I've just ordered an incipio feather iPad 3 rear cover and I'm not sure if I should then order a smart cover to go with it. Some people seem to love the smart covers and some reviews say they hate them.

Sent from my iPad 3

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the SmartCover and the Incipio Feather for my new iPad and love the combo actually. I wasn't a smart cover fan but that has now changed and the 2 work wonderful together. I swap between my Targus and the SmartCover/IncipioFeather depending on what I'm doing/traveling, mood, etc. Good luck!

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I have both the smart cover and the Incipio feather lite cover that just came out for the 3. Make sure you get one of the new incipios because the iPad 2 is too tight. I love this combo!

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies. I did order the incipio case for the 3. I love their stuff, I have has there cases on my iPhones and previous iPad. Still not sure if I should spend another £35 on a smart cover too. The incipio case just cost me £30

Sent from my iPad 3

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After two years without a full time front cover for my original iPad, I bought a Smart Cover for my new iPad. I am very pleased with it. It is not perfect by any means, but it has a lot of virtues that pleases me. Most of the alternatives add too much bulk for my taste, and are usually a front and back combined.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the leather SCs are a poor value. Mine started coming apart within 1 year of buying it. Also, the angle of the horiztonal stand is too shallow. It has a tendency to move when closed over the screen, too.

Last edited:

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate how Apple has the good colors only available in leather. I prefer the cheaper one, but like the colors of the leather smart covers.

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
I hate how Apple has the good colors only available in leather. I prefer the cheaper one, but like the colors of the leather smart covers.

I noticed that lol. I wanted red or black. Best in can get is dark grey as I'm not paying for leather

Sent from my iPad 3

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's a well known Apple conspiracy within the Apply community. It was meant for the older folks (read:more loaded) to dish out more money.

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Smart cover and case protection combo by Griffin and I love it. The combo actually is for the 2 but it fits perfectly with my 3. For $50, I can't complaint.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally there was black and red in the regular covers, but it appears that they did not sell that well. I was at the AT&T store and they still had a new one left over in their odds and ends drawer. If I had not just bought one, I would have tried to bargain for it.

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found some smart cover seller on eBay. They get good reviews for $12.79 shipped. Generic of course. Worth a try or should I go for official?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
I found some smart cover seller on eBay. They get good reviews for $12.79 shipped. Generic of course. Worth a try or should I go for official?

How about a link?

Ok...I found a seller on the main page. I ordered a purple one. At $11.50, it is worth a shot to have different colors. These are synthetic, but that is fine.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts