What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best case compatible with Smart Cover

lucyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
file_166_12.jpg

This is great to go with ipad 2 smart cover.

tabletkits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Second that. Speck smartshell is really well made and not bulky. You can also get it cheaper on other online stores or fleabay, just do a google search.

I'm digging my Speck Smartshield so much (clear version), that I got another (black). It's got great coverage, it well made, and has a cool magnet feature that keeps the Smart Cover from flopping around when folded back.

Order from Speck. Great customer service and there's a 20% off coupon code kicking around the www.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you with a coverbuddy, do any of you have the camera connection kit and can you use it with the cover on? I recently received the Aviiq smart cover compatible case and discovered the opening isn't wide enough to be able to use the camera connection kit which is a deal breaker for me. I can use the charging cable but to use the camera connection kit I had to remove the cover so I'm going to return the Aviiq case. I emailed switcheasy and asked them but they said they weren't very familiar with the camera connection kit and didn't know if it would fit... If anyone knows the answer I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
celly said:
I'm digging my Speck Smartshield so much (clear version), that I got another (black). It's got great coverage, it well made, and has a cool magnet feature that keeps the Smart Cover from flopping around when folded back.

Order from Speck. Great customer service and there's a 20% off coupon code kicking around the www.

I have the orange Switcheasy Coverbuddy and absolutely lurve it BUT my only complaint is when the Smart Cover is folded back there is no magnetic connection that keeps it from flopping about...just a warning to those of you in the market for something similar. Speck Smartshield may be the way to go....

PCHAN87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
celly said:

I have the orange Switcheasy Coverbuddy and absolutely lurve it BUT my only complaint is when the Smart Cover is folded back there is no magnetic connection that keeps it from flopping about...just a warning to those of you in the market for something similar. Speck Smartshield may be the way to go....

Review-new Speck Smart Shell (black) case - Page 4 - MacRumors Forums

if you look on post 90 there's a youtube vid of a person adding an adhesive metal strip onto a belkin case. This could easily be done for the cover buddy as well.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PCHAN87 said:
Review-new Speck Smart Shell (black) case - Page 4 - MacRumors Forums

if you look on post 90 there's a youtube vid of a person adding an adhesive metal strip onto a belkin case. This could easily be done for the cover buddy as well.

The Speck offering does all that it's advertised to do. I now have two of them (one clear, one black). I read that thread before I bought my first one. A lot of hypercritical people in that thread who would whine and bitch about anything and everything anyhow. These rear cases are all so similar anyhow. The. Speck has great coverage, isn't bulky at all and the magnet does work fine.

Orgelfreund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[

Hello wheems,
I wonder if there was a magnetic connection before I put the Coverbuddy around my iPad. I cannot remember one when the Smart Cover was folded back. But I do not want to test now. Coverbuddy seems not to like removal ...

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orgelfreund said:
Hello wheems,
I wonder if there was a magnetic connection before I put the Coverbuddy around my iPad. I cannot remember one when the Smart Cover was folded back. But I do not want to test now. Coverbuddy seems not to like removal ...

Greetings, Orgelfreund. There was no magnetic connection prior to installing my Coverbuddy - but I thought since there was such an option out there, that would be the way to go (at least for me.) :)

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PCHAN87 said:
also looking at the aviiq, looks like it provides really good coverage and still looks professional and clean

It does look nice but beware that the "matching" smart cover colors actually have a metallic finish and thus don't match exactly.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does look nice but beware that the "matching" smart cover colors actually have a metallic finish and thus don't match exactly.
The gray CoverBuddy is a perfect match with my gray poly Smart Cover.  The back of it definitely does not have a metallic finish.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
The gray CoverBuddy is a perfect match with my gray poly Smart Cover.  The back of it definitely does not have a metallic finish.

I may have to get a coverbuddy then, I don't like the metallic finish on the Aviiq case.

Most reactions

Latest posts