What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart cover lossing stick

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's smart cover magnets are lossing power and no longer hold it closed like it should. Bought it in May and feel it should last longer then that. Am I the only one with this issue?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not heard about this problem before. It's unusual for magnets to lose power in this way and I'm wondering if there's another issue here. But, for sure, you can return it to the Apple Store for a replacement. Let us know what they say. Do you have a friend, colleague or someone else you know that has a Smart Cover? Might be worth trying their cover first before returning to the Apple Store, in case there's another issue here....

Tim

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
My wife's smart cover magnets are lossing power and no longer hold it closed like it should. Bought it in May and feel it should last longer then that. Am I the only one with this issue?

My bad. I guess it comes off the iPad to easily. It does stay shut when it's closed, but the whole cover comes off easier then it use to when she tries rolling it back, or folding it under.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
I know this may sound silly, but make sure the cover isn't upside down, it still sticks but is only a third as magnetic to the actual case.

Hope this helps

Not sure how you can even get it upside down.

Most reactions

Latest posts