What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small box in corner

s00paSold3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
today I just noticed a small box with a N in the top right hand corner near the battery meter when I am in email or on the web. I have done Google searches, and searched forums and cannot find out what this is or why its there?? Does anybody have any idea's??

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are most likely running backgrounder on a jailbroken ipad. The N appears when you have set a particular app to run in it's native multitasking state. The N means native. For example I have IM+ setv to run native so that I can continue to receive push notifications when I am not running the app. You can set which apps you want to run native by going into the backgrounder app.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It means you've been a very Naughty Boy!

And Mr Jobs is watching you ..........:)

OP
S

s00paSold3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jake

:ipad-front:
You are most likely running backgrounder on a jailbroken ipad. The N appears when you have set a particular app to run in it's native multitasking state. The N means native. For example I have IM+ setv to run native so that I can continue to receive push notifications when I am not running the app. You can set which apps you want to run native by going into the backgrounder app.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jake

Sure thing!

Most reactions

Latest posts