What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow Startup

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first got my iPad 2 and started using it the Apple logo would stay on about 10 to 15 second before it would betray to use. Now, a year later, the Apple logo stays on for about 45 seconds. Any suggestions about speeding up the startup? Also, the battery seems to be running down much faster. My OS 5 is up to date. Thanks in advance for any help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - I'll just make a few beginning suggestions: 1) Review the Apple battery recommendations HERE; in particular scroll to the bottom of the page and if not done since ownership, run down the battery completely before charging; and 2) Also if not done, 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if not familiar w/ the maneuvers.

Just a few other questions: 1) Is your iPad 'jailbroken'; and 2) What is the storage capacity of your device and how much is being used? Good luck! :)

OP
willywonka

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad is not jailbroken. I have the 64gig model, wifi only and I am using about 25 gig of the 64 gig space. If I do the reset will I lose any apps?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
willywonka said:
My Ipad is not jailbroken. I have the 64gig model, wifi only and I am using about 25 gig of the 64 gig space. If I do the reset will I lose any apps?

Reset as explained in the link will not lose any apps and/or data.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Giradman has given excellent advice and should that not do the trick, perhaps a visit to an Apple store? I hope you are able to get your issues resolved and good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts