What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SLOW SLOW SLOW

metraman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pad has 11.4 loaded and 1.4 free. Is that the reason it takes forever to load? I've cleared all opened pages is there something I'm missing? I forgot to mention pages keep reloading and freezing.
Thanks

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, you may well find your iPad 2 running slowly, even though it is not the latest IOS. Mine is getting on too and is not as quick as newer models, which are better equipped to cope with the new systems. It would help if you got rid of any Apps you aren't using. Also, some people find that restoring the device via iTunes can improve matters. Don't forget to make a backup first!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My pad has 11.4 loaded and 1.4 free. Is that the reason it takes forever to load? I've cleared all opened pages is there something I'm missing? I forgot to mention pages keep reloading and freezing.

IOS 9.3.5 ipad2 I did notice that it says carrier AT&T i'm with Verizon now.

Hello - I obtained an iPad 2 in 2011 (now on an Air 2) and used for about 3 years - the device is heading toward being added to Apple's Vintage & Obsolete Products List, so there just might not be much to do w/ using this older hardware.

Some suggestions: 1) Appears that you have a 16 GB device - freeing up some more storage to 2-3 GB might help; 2) Make sure that 'Reduce Motion' in Settings -> Accessibility is ON; 3) If not already done, RESET the device (press both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears - may take about 10 seconds - allow the iPad to reboot).

Finally, googling w/ the appropriate terms w/ bring up a bunch of hits, such as THIS ONE - good luck and let us know if any of these ideas help. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts