What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype does not always ring

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am jailbroken now on My Ipad 2 with ios 5.01, but I clearly remember missing too many skype calls before I was jailbroken, because I did not hear any rings. Only now, am I looking at system logs with system status. It is weird, as sometimes, I get a ring, other times, I do not. I have the same issue on my jailbroken Iphone 3gs. When I do not get a ring, I get a message notification. I then use the system log feature of the system status app, and see this entry:

SpringBoard [6131] (Warning): No alert sound found at path '/private/var/mobile/Applications/F2CBA25F-9915-46D3-81A7-8D5348A53EE3/Skype.app/call_ringin-30.wav'. AudioServicesCreateSystemSoundIDWithPath() returned: -1500

The file call_ringin-30.wav exists in the Skype.app directory and is correctly permissioned. The ringer works sometimes and fails sometimes with the default wav file. It also works sometimes and fails sometimes when I rename custom ringtones to call_ringin-30.wav

Is this a known issue with Skype?

Thanks

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe somebody from Skype was reading the thread, as the new update fixes this issue. One change though - The default ringer is call_ringin.m4a.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the message notification will be pushed out to the device always.

the app itself relies on a constant connection in order to receive calls. Yes apps are able to do some things in the background, but not everything and not for extended periods of time. The Skype app may not have been directly connected to the Skype service at the time the calls were placed.

the recent update may have done something to help with the constant connection of the app to the Skype service.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts