What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyfire...have I wasted my money?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably! I even had to come out of the browser and use Safari to post here. Skyfire browser would not bring up keypad when I tried to post. I see their homepage has a list of videos but when I click on any and that button in the lower left corner, I get a message that says No Video. What am I doing wrong please?

Skyfire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Michali,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to play videos. Based on your post, it sounds like you are missing just one step in the process to view video. Skyfire does not start the process of transcoding a video until you select a desired video to watch - Here is a sample scenario: 1. Go to SouthParkStudios.com 2. Scroll to find an episdoe that you want to watch 3. Click on the desired video (let the page load) 4. Click on the 'Video' icon at the bottom left corner. Skyfire will begin the process of enabling the video to play on your iPad. Please visit our FAQ's on our website (skyfire.com) or find our support page at the same site

Thank you, Brad from Skyfire

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I tried that...going to that site, selecting a video and then loading it, and clicking on icon...still got message, no video found.

Attachments

• photo1 (2).jpg
    photo1 (2).jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 314

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a hit and miss app.

The poster before suggested South Park because in the preview for the app, they used a South Park video to show that flash works.

Most of the sites I go to with flash content is not played by Skyfire.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wasted $4.99 on this slow and non working app. I am planning on calling apple to ask for refund. I thought apple was more selective on apps and expected more from the developers. Be Aware this App is a hit and miss.
Most of the site videos that I have visited are not being supported. Who cares about south Park. The SkyFire demo for the app can be misleading.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can get a refund by going to iTunes and then order history!

Then you click refund or something, the instructions are on CNET

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks however when I visited the Itune and under my account the purchase history option is not there to report a problem and ask for a refund. Any other suggestions.
Thanks

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozmpIxEjK-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozmpIxEjK-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

This video will explain what I'm going on about!

Should be the same unless anything has changed since June.

Hope it helps

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Dude, I dont mean to be modwannabe, but quit hijacking old threads. You posted your opinion of skyfire, now let it be. I personally have loved Skyfire and have had no issues. Perhaps you should get the iPad version not the iPhone version.

ptab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to choose "Report a Problem" from the iTunes reciept they email you about 5 days after a purchase. I know, I've had to do that with every movie or TV rental I have ever tried to download to my iPad. I absolutely hate iTunes!!!!!!
And I tried Starfire as well, without any luck, I wasted my $5, but have reported a problem with every iTunes video purchase, so I just figured I'd eat this one, and went to Netflix- works like a charm! The videos on Starfire are not ones I would choose, especially South Park!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts