What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyefire

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried searching with various keywords but really didn't find anything about the browser, Skyefire, which allows you to watch some Flash videos embedded in sites. I've found it works for some sites and is probably worh the $4.99 and otherwise is a quite nice browser also.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You spelt the name slightly incorrectly, which is why you didn't get any matches. It's 'Skyfire'.

It 'sort of' plays Flash by hosting the playing of the video on the company server, so there are reports that videos don't play too well - seems to depend on the bandwidth of your broadband link, load on their server etc.

Anyway, have a look and read what members have said.

Good Luck.

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought it and its done okay for the few videos I tried. I did reqd carefully what it can handle and what it can't before buying it. It has other options too for those that like them--FB, Twitter, Google account and more. I do get a feeling its faster thwn Safari and generally like it. I've used several browsers and this may be one of the better ones. Yep, did missspell LOL and I even have it on my desktop. Yikes!!!!

BTW not having flash doesn't really bother me. I bought it more for my husband. We share an account so I installed on mine also. Its not "flash" per se but converted flaeh to HTML5 via Skyfire's servers but works pretty well for us for the things Skyfire says it can handle.

Diane

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts