What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri ResponseTimer

jekiron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new Ipad 3 owner trying to learn to use Siri. I'm afraid I don't quite know how to phrase my question. The bottom line is, it doesn't give me enough time to think before it starts harassing me for something to do. I've looked and searched for an adjustable timer which will give me more time to think. It thinks I'm all through with an email about 2 seconds after I give it the 1st sentence of a message and prompts me asking if it can send it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jekiron

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--I'm unfamiliar with any app that will allow for additional time when prompting Siri to do a command.

Your best bet is to either have things pre-phrased so you can speak it all in one sentence/small paragraph. Often times I will speak one sentence and press "done" to review before proceeding to my next just to make sure it picked up exactly what I have said.

Also, I am going to move this to the help section for better attention.

Hope that helps.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you get the Cancel/Send prompt say Add instead. It should ask you what you want to add, and you can continue to dictate. If it does not recognize your Add command it will tell you what you can say, and then you can try Add again.

For notes you can say "Add to last note" and immediately dictate what you want. Or just wait to be prompted and then dictate. It will update your last note with the new words.

All in all, Siri isn't a good way to send an email unless it's short. I always have to think about what I'm going to say before using Siri, and I"m not ver good at that, so most of the time I just open Mail and do it the old fashioned way. Of course you can still use the Dictate feature in Mail (tap the microphone on the keyboard) and dictate that way. You can pause as many times as you like when directly dictating text, as opposed to using Siri.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts