What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since 6.1.2 upgrade safari s-l-o-o-w

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delayed upgrading while I searched to see if there were any issues. Found none so did the upgrade. Now Safari is s-l-o-o-o-o-w :(:( loading pages. If the content is image intensive forget it.

I note that my alternative browsers Apollo and Puffin do not seem to suffer from this. However, as there is no way to replace Safari as the default browser, all my bookmarks are there and of course any link from elsewhere automatically opens here.

What can be done?

Thanks

eta ipad 4 with 32 gb - not using much of it. Speedtest shows download 7.73 Mbps so it's not my wifi

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This sound like something may have gone wrong during the update process. The best course of action is as follows:

1. Backup the device - either iTunes or iCloud is fine.
2. Use iTunes to restore a clean, fresh 6.1.2 install onto the device.
3. Restore the backup from stage 1 and allow iTunes to fully sync all your apps, etc. back on there.

You should hopefully find that the issue is resolved.

Whilst Apple have done a great job with the update process, it does go wrong from time to time. This process normally fixes it.

Good luck.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This sound like something may have gone wrong during the update process. The best course of action is as follows:

1. Backup the device - either iTunes or iCloud is fine.
2. Use iTunes to restore a clean, fresh 6.1.2 install onto the device.
3. Restore the backup from stage 1 and allow iTunes to fully sync all your apps, etc. back on there.

You should hopefully find that the issue is resolved.

Whilst Apple have done a great job with the update process, it does go wrong from time to time. This process normally fixes it.

Good luck.

mod, do you mean a full restore? Coz mine's got crazy too after updating to 6.1.2

Most reactions

Latest posts