What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple but formatting WP?

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may just go ahead with Pages but will ask once:

I need to transfer WP. files from msworks to my iPad and be able to

Store them
Change font size
Arrange them in any order to pop up next
Flip to page two with a swipe

What I am after is replacing my clip board with hard copy of song words.
The iPad will sit on a music stand while I play guitar.
If this can happen a host of problems will be solved for my lil show.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejbpesca said:
I may just go ahead with Pages but will ask once:

I need to transfer WP. files from msworks to my iPad and be able to

Store them
Change font size
Arrange them in any order to pop up next
Flip to page two with a swipe

What I am after is replacing my clip board with hard copy of song words.
The iPad will sit on a music stand while I play guitar.
If this can happen a host of problems will be solved for my lil show.

Well instead of shelling out the money for pages you could either just make it a .PDF and put it on your iPad and view it for free. Sure you can't change the font size but if you wanna pay ten bucks go for it. Also if you download dropbox it is a free app that is a cloud that is an app for any smart device and computer. You can drag and drop the word files from your computer to your dropbox and then you can view them on your iPad anytime. I'm pretty sure it will view almost any text files.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts