What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIM Card

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is it? Should I be doing anything with it? Thinking about it...not worrying about it. And that tiny little tool they gave me to remove it....where do I store it?

CM
who just got my new iPad today!
and is there a better place then the main forum to ask silly newbie questions?

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got a tool to remove the SIM?? I didn't see one in my box, where was it located??

I took the iPad out of the box and then put the box up on a shelf with my other iPad box for safe keeping in case I ever need it in the future. So whatever was in the box is still in there.

Last edited:

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's tucked in the flap of that lil white folded envelope under the iPad when you take it out of the box. It's easy to miss.

OP
CMFox

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But what is it? Should I be doing something with it?

CM

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you have to do anything unless you're going to change your SIM card. And even then, I was reading that a paperclip will do the same thing!!! Just put it in a safe place in case you ever need it!!

The SIM card is what gets you on the 3G network, the tool is used to remove the card if you want to (are able to) change networks and need to install a different SIM card.

I hope that your question is answered now, if not, ask away until you get the information you're looking for!

Last edited:
OP
CMFox

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you have to do anything unless you're going to change your SIM card. And even then, I was reading that a paperclip will do the same thing!!! Just put it in a safe place in case you ever need it!!

The SIM card is what gets you on the 3G network, the tool is used to remove the card if you want to (are able to) change networks and need to install a different SIM card.

I hope that your question is answered now, if not, ask away until you get the information you're looking for!

Its answered. Thanks!

CM

Most reactions