What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIM card

KF1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, noob so I have got my iPad 4 A1458 with WiFi working fine but wanted greater use of internet when commuting. I added a micro sim to my vodaphone account today but for the life of me where do you put it? I can't find any access point to the iPad?

Confused, help appreciated

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, noob so I have got my iPad 4 A1458 with WiFi working fine but wanted greater use of internet when commuting. I added a micro sim to my vodaphone account today but for the life of me where do you put it? I can't find any access point to the iPad? Confused, help appreciated
I'm afraid that your iPad has no SIM card slot. The A1458 model of the iPad 4 is the WiFi only model. The A1459 model is the one with WiFi + Cellular.

Your iPad can only connect to the Internet through WiFi.

OP
K

KF1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oooooops

I'm afraid that your iPad has no SIM card slot. The A1458 model of the iPad 4 is the WiFi only model. The A1459 model is the one with WiFi + Cellular.

Your iPad can only connect to the Internet through WiFi.

Thank you for the quick response, drat! Lesson learnt. :eek:

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response, drat! Lesson learnt. :eek:

Don't know how vodaphone works but can you setup a hotspot on your cell phone? That's my method when I need internet access on the iPad and no wireless is available.

Most reactions

Latest posts