What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silly email app question

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Little confused about how the email app works exactly. I haven't set it up yet to try it myself so I thought I would ask here. When you use the email app to get, let's say your yahoo mail, does it work like Microsoft Outlook in that it downloads your email locally to the iPad's internal memory or does it simply interface with Yahoo Mail to display your mail, similar to how you read it on the internet? You guys understand what I am asking?

If it downloads locally I don't want to set it up as I don't want mail clogging up my iPad memory. That's the main reason I am asking. Thanks for any replies.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't say for Yahoo, but on gmail and Exchange it downloads as much as you tell it to (50 messages is default) and leaves them on the server unless you delete them on the iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct 50 messages you can however go into preferences /mail and adjust it from 25 messages to 200 messages. One can also choose to load or not load remote images.

alxs210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does the ipad push your mail or do you have to manually check for mail when you open it?

alxs210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
M

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it does actually take up space on the iPad's memory though? That's what I was wanting to avoid. OK, thanks for the replies everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts