What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sideloading files, etc. to my iPad Mini using Linux.

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If like me you want a more hands-on approach to file manipulation on your iPad here's a way that works. Now I am not a Windows fan (to put it mildly) so if you're not a unix person this info is probably not for you. My OS of choice is the latest version of Linux Mint (17.3). This is open source and free and has a huge amount of support especially on the many forums.
The method of file handling I use is SSH and rather than use the command line I use an application called "secpanel" which gives the SSH a graphical-user-interface (GUI). It can be installed using "sudo apt install secpanel".
Let's say you've got this done (skipping a lot of instructions here that you can Google for). The directory path to the applications storage directories is this: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/. That last sentence is Very important and the main reason I am posting this. Let me also say that to get "under the hood" I've rooted the iPad and the how-to is also easily Google-gotten. Need help? Please feel free to post or message me.

Most reactions