What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should be obvious how 2....

gnurotic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... How to undo ??

... How to undelete mail ??

... What is that little box icon that the trashcan icon in Mail sometimes changes into ?? What does it mean ??

... How to see file names ??

WHY isn't this stuff covered in the iPad docs I downloaded ???

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can undelete mail by simply moving it back from Trash to your InBox.

Some apps - for example Apple's Pages - has an undo function, but it's on an app-by-app basis, there is no global undo provided for all apps by the iPad's operating system. So, if an app offers 'undo' then it's available, if the app developer chose not to offer it, then it's not available.

I wasn't sure about your other questions, so I'm sure another Member will come along with some more answers...

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing the box icon is the Archive option. As far as I know it only shows up in GMail. You can turn it off in your GMail account settings on the iPad. It's not particularly useful (IMO). All it does is move the mail the the All Mail label in GMail.

Whether you can see file names or not depends on the app. Each app operates from it's own secure file space. There is no file browser style app because there is no common file system for it to browse. Unless you jailbreak, of course. Then there are apps and browsers available in the Cydia store.

As for your last question, it is because the author(s) didn't include it. I imagine one of the most difficult tasks for a tech writer is to find the balance between what he knows, and what his audience needs to know. There isn't enough time for one person to answer every possible question.

Fortunately, knowledge distribution is the original crowd sourced business model.

Most reactions

Latest posts