What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shockproof iPad Cases. Whats the best?

liam62244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havnt seen many iPad cases that will protect your iPad from shocks, drops and general impacts.

If anyone has seen any good cases with shockproof features please show to all.

The best ones ive seen are from Wardmaster Cases.

marlonakimmit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try to check on BOOK: Hardcase for iPad, it's a bit pricey around $90 but its worth every penny. My sister owns this case it's perfect for her since she's a very sloppy gal. LOL She dropped her iPad almost quince (of course inside the case) and luckily nothing's broken yet. It's a tough case, you should take a loot at it. :)

OP
L

liam62244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try to check on BOOK: Hardcase for iPad, it's a bit pricey around $90 but its worth every penny. My sister owns this case it's perfect for her since she's a very sloppy gal. LOL She dropped her iPad almost quince (of course inside the case) and luckily nothing's broken yet. It's a tough case, you should take a loot at it. :)

Cool thanks. I will have to check them out. Thing I like most about Wardmaster Cases is they are stylish and functional. Most iPad cases I see may be functional but they look sooooo bland and just boring and geeky.

Attachments

• 006e802c-2fca-4b14-a7cc-a81616d7a93b.jpg
    006e802c-2fca-4b14-a7cc-a81616d7a93b.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 076dbf29-14c1-4f3e-980f-739e97eee219.jpg
    076dbf29-14c1-4f3e-980f-739e97eee219.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,541

built

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer to have a couple of layers of protection, like my Yoobao Magic Case, inserted into my Zeroshock sleeve.

radwagner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an OtterBox Defender case for my iPhone 3G and love it. I just ordered an OtterBox Defender case for my iPad but have not received it yet. otterbox.com

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the Otterbox Defender for three days now. It is pretty sturdy, though heavy. The only concern I have is it comes with a detached cover and I am not too sure what would happen if it drops whether the cover would come off or stay on.
Even without that though, it is still very protective.
There are some unboxing videos on YouTube.

OP
L

liam62244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Wardmaster Cases? Ive not heard too much about them. The website says they are a famous company in the far east. So im guessing its Japanese or something.

The video on youtube showing them dropping the ipad in the case looks pretty cool. Seems to withhold impact drops well.

v1tje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you guys know the site deal extreme, you can buy there some good cases for not much money.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox Defender are protective but not as functional as some with built-in tilting ability for me.

I really need to be able to use them on a desk or table and in my lap without external parts to loose or break.

built

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox Defender are protective but not as functional as some with built-in tilting ability for me.

I really need to be able to use them on a desk or table and in my lap without external parts to loose or break.

...and the Otterbox Defender still has that unresolved, and unexplained, "oil slick" problem whereby it appears that the case presses so hard on the edges of the screen that what appears to be an "oil slick" appears on the screen.

Otterbox keeps trying to blame it on 3rd party screen protectos but has been very cagey about giving any specifics.

This can't be good for the longevity of an iPad contained within an Otterbox Defender.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use the screen protector on any of my Otterbox products.
When I have I got the haze you are talking about,once removed all is fine.

I think it is the particular film they use.

On my Iphone I removed the Otterbox Built-in protector as it is just glues in lightly and I use a different make anti-glare film without any side effects.

When I tell people there is a protector on it they usually do not believe me.

I just let the iPad screen be free.

Ed

...and the Otterbox Defender still has that unresolved, and unexplained, "oil slick" problem whereby it appears that the case presses so hard on the edges of the screen that what appears to be an "oil slick" appears on the screen.

Otterbox keeps trying to blame it on 3rd party screen protectos but has been very cagey about giving any specifics.

This can't be good for the longevity of an iPad contained within an Otterbox Defender.

Most reactions

Latest posts