What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

Patbaggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was ordered on the 4th of June and was expected to ship on the 20th of June. Just got word that it has shipped today and is on it's way to Hong Kong. Pretty excited about all this.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was planned to ship on 6/11, but shipped on 6/09 with DHL. Then it got delayed by Malaysian Customs. For FIVE days. Probably delivering tomorrow or the day after. So, it's like TWO DAYS LATE! Stupid Customs.

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if mine will be dispatched soon! Ordered on 9/6 and estimate dispatch was 23/6

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered 1st of June. Arrived today Malaysia. 6 days earlier than expected.

Patbaggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 days early, hold at fedex/kinkos/office worked fine! No worries about that stupid sig release form or leaving it on the porch, rerouted to a fedex office near my work, grabbed it at lunch.

Ordered, 4/23, I think, 32gb black engraved.

Date/Time Status Location
2011-05-11 13:59:00 Delivered GREENVILLE, SC
2011-05-11 08:42:00 Held at FedEx location for recipient pickup GREENVILLE, SC
2011-05-11 08:42:00 Package status GREENVILLE, SC
2011-05-11 08:07:00 On FedEx vehicle for delivery GREENVILLE, SC
2011-05-11 07:22:00 Arrived at FedEx Destination Location GREENVILLE, SC
2011-05-11 06:07:00 Left FedEx Ramp GREER, SC
2011-05-11 05:30:00 Arrived at FedEx Ramp GREER, SC
2011-05-11 04:31:00 Left FedEx Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2011-05-11 02:07:00 Arrived at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN
2011-05-10 16:13:00 Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE, AK
2011-05-10 13:48:00 Released for delivery ANCHORAGE, AK
2011-05-10 12:37:00 Arrived at Sort Facility ANCHORAGE, AK
2011-05-10 19:05:00 Left FedEx Ramp LANTAU ISLAND,
2011-05-10 19:04:00 Left FedEx Ramp CHEK LAP KOK,
2011-05-09 23:20:00 Package in FedEx location LANTAU ISLAND,
2011-05-09 23:10:00 Package status LANTAU ISLAND,
2011-05-09 17:56:00 In transit LANTAU ISLAND,
2011-05-09 15:02:00 Package received after FedEx cutoff time SHENZHEN,
2011-05-09 13:36:00 Left FedEx Origin Location SHENZHEN,

Did you choose the free shipping or the express?

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patbaggins said:
Mine was ordered on the 4th of June and was expected to ship on the 20th of June. Just got word that it has shipped today and is on it's way to Hong Kong. Pretty excited about all this.

Hello

I ordered my ipad2 on the 6th of June. Apple gave me an estimated shipping of 20th and a delivery of the 28th of June.
I have a friend who ordered his at the same time - my mistake was to get mine engraved it's now running a day later than his, nevertheless yesterday it went to shipping. Apple told me that having my iPad engraved would not delay delivery.
I am very excited about getting my new gadget - is it worth investing in a keyboard from apple and which one wired or blue tooth? :) b and b

Patbaggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I ordered my ipad2 on the 6th of June. Apple gave me an estimated shipping of 20th and a delivery of the 28th of June.
I have a friend who ordered his at the same time - my mistake was to get mine engraved it's now running a day later than his, nevertheless yesterday it went to shipping. Apple told me that having my iPad engraved would not delay delivery.
I am very excited about getting my new gadget - is it worth investing in a keyboard from apple and which one wired or blue tooth? :) b and b

greetings friend

I also got my Ipad engraved, it adds a nice personal touch.

Now the question about the keyboard. I have toyed with the idea of getting a keyboard as well. In the end it comes down to what is the ultimate use of the device for you. I am a 22 year old college student, and thus will use the Ipad mainly for class (Etextbooks and notetaking, web browsing in between class, using garage band to make some songs). At this time I will forgo the option to buy a keyboard. I already own a laptop and will be conducting my word processing from there.

Besides I feel the whole point of an tablet is to be keyboardless. I want to stroll into class with only an ipad and maybe a notebook. Having to also carry around a keyboard seems kinda lame to me in my situation. IMO the ipad is a device made to consume media and computers are devices that create media.

share your thoughts...

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I do have a bluetooth keyboard, but I have yet to use it. If I were taking notes in classes I would probably use the keyboard, because I type much quicker than the tablet allows me to do.

Patbaggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now have word that my Ipad has been spotted in Memphis, TN. Its so close I can feel it. Might even arrive a day earlier than was reported.

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patbaggins said:
I now have word that my Ipad has been spotted in Memphis, TN. Its so close I can feel it. Might even arrive a day earlier than was reported.

Well I hope you do get it! I'm still waiting for mine, no idea if it's still in china lol

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was just updated a full week ahead of the original ship date, so 1-week instead of 2-weeks. Not sure if its the color 'black' without engraving or what. Either way, it works for me as I now have more time to learn and tweak it prior to my Euro trip.

BTW: I said I wasn't going to get carried away with this damn thing' and yet I have already purchased $350 in accessories. If they change the exterior shape of the pad on the next refresh I’m screwed.

Last edited:

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patbaggins said:
You didnt get a shipping notice from Apple?

Not yet it says Apple will update the details soon. No tracking number so far just a update its been shipped. Plus it said items will be merged in transit.

Patbaggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet it says Apple will update the details soon. No tracking number so far just a update its been shipped. Plus it said items will be merged in transit.

News Flash. According to Fedex my Ipad is "at local FedEx facility". Expecting delivery within the next 24 hours. Very Excited!

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, if anyone is interested in the ipad2 64 with wifi, then AT&T is THE place to go! I ordered one on Monday, (20th) for my hubby (anniversary this weekend) and I received it YESTERDAY (23rd!!!) I am so excited. He has been admiring mine since I got it in April, now he will have his own!! Can't wait for him to unwrap it!!

Most reactions

Latest posts