What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up your ipad as a virtual workspace

Marsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and hope to hear from you if you've been using your iPad to create a virtual file cabinet and workspace using apps that can synch your iPad with you laptop and iPhone. I've set up a system using Dropbox, Docs to go, Notability and Outlook mail, calendar and reminders. I also make use of WriteOn PDF's for on-site form completion on my iPad. Anyone using a similar setup? What works best for you?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I am moving this to the APP section where you may get more attention.

Thanks.

BlueAdept

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds good m8. I have been trying to do the same, but haven't succeeded yet. The main failure being the fact that I cannot edit files in DropBox while I'm on the road. Having to copy items to and from DropBox is frustrating. I hoped to do so with Smart Office 2, in combination with the basic DropBox app. It allows me to take 1Gb of documents with me on my iPad, but will save edited file (office docs) in my Documents folder (of Smart Office). Then, when I have connection again, I need to copy those back to my DropBox.. Too cumbersome and fault sensitive :(

Does your solution fit my bill as well?

griffinhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a good idea for setting the work place at home, But demanding for equipment and facilities.

Most reactions