1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Setting up IMAP email and cnat change mailbox behaviors

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by cmantz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. cmantz

cmantz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am trying to setup a new email address using IMAP. I would like the sent, trash and draft messages to be saved on the server vs saving them on my ipad2.

For some reason I am not able to select "to the server" when I go to the mailbox behaviors. It shows it but I can't select it.

I had no problems setting up the same email account on my iphone4.

Is there a reason I can't change this on my iPad?

I am running the most recent update on all my devices...iOS 5.1

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jfinlayson

jfinlayson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I encountered the same problem on 2 out of 3 iphones I configured today. The only light I might shed on this comes from 1 of the 2 failing phones.

I had started with an existing IMAP account on the iphone. I changed the server settings to point to a different incoming server (where the account had different folders). At that point, I could still select "to the server", but the folder list that was presented there were the folders on the OLD server. I didn't see a way to refresh the folder list, but when I tried again a few minutes later, the server option was unselectable, as you describe. I continued fiddling with settings (root folder, SSL, etc.), but nothing I tried worked. After reverting the settings back to what they were, I went searching for solutions online. Found nothing helpful, but when I tried again, the server options had become selectable again, and it now showed the folder list from the NEW server.

So it may be that it just takes a while for the folder list to get refreshed after creating or changing server settings, and that at various stages during that process, the server option becomes unavailable. Just a guess.

Did you ever solve the problem on your iPad?