What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending messages problem ? IPad Air

novicerover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only certain messages will transmit to and from contacts list. ,others show in red and fail . This only happens on messages. I have made sure everything is switched on in settings.I can use all my contacts on email without any problem.
Also the contacts that fail on my iPad work perfectly ok on my iPhone 4s ?

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a iPad Air, wifi only. I find the iMessage only works on it with sending messages to iphone users and ipad users who have iMessage enabled on their device. Whereas I can message to any contacts on my iphone regardless of what type of phone they have. I added a verizon (my iphone provider) message app,vz message, to my ipad and with it can message anyone in my contact list.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only certain messages will transmit to and from contacts list. ,others show in red and fail . This only happens on messages. I have made sure everything is switched on in settings.I can use all my contacts on email without any problem. Also the contacts that fail on my iPad work perfectly ok on my iPhone 4s ?
Are you using the iMessage app to send these messages? iMessages only work between iOS devices and Mac computers. If your contact doesn't have an iOS device or a Mac computer they can't be contacted via iMessage.

OP
N

novicerover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies ! I was expecting the iPad to function the same as my phone. !!
Is there any way I can message other than IOS phones,from the iPad for example with the use of an app ??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies ! I was expecting the iPad to function the same as my phone. !! Is there any way I can message other than IOS phones,from the iPad for example with the use of an app ??
If you search the App Store for iPad messenger, you will see several messenger apps that will work with the iPad.

Most reactions