What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send button grayed out

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I hope someone is working on this problem that seemed to start with iOS6: the send button should become active as soon as a character is typed into a reply, but most of the time it stays grayed out. Sometimes it does work, usually not, even after force quitting and relaunching IPF. It may not be random, but depend on which thread is open, not sure about that. In one case, I could not write a reply, yet I could edit one of my earlier replies in the thread.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been discussed quite a bit in other threads. After typing your response, just hit the return button and then you will be able to send.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, who knew? :)

Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lanny,

This has also been reported to our Admin team as well. So they are informed and hopefully can be resolved soon.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have some more detail that might be helpful. The problem has never appeared when I started a reply by quoting another post.

The workaround made my day, though. I love helpful forums! Thanks again.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this issue isn't that annoying for me, as I love the website interface over the app and post from iPF.net from my iPad all the time...

Most reactions

Latest posts