What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPF app message editing bugs

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes, if I place a cursor near the end of an existing line of text and start typing, the next few characters will insert as planned, but then the cursor skips to the end of the post and continues adding characters there. Sometimes this will occur over and over, and the only way to edit successfully is to temporarily break the line manually. Also, as I was typing this post, when the sentence before this one wrapped it duplicated three words and stuck them at the end. Strange...

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know I have had something like this happen to me too. I would place the cursor where I wanted it and then start typing, to then find it going somewhere else. I had just gotten the iPad mini and thought the way I was holding it may have been the problem. But anyways, I closed the app and then did a reset and all was fine.

We have had a few problems with the app of late though but see if closing the app and resetting your iPad makes a difference and let us know.

If all is well, all fine and good, otherwise we will get in touch with our Techies.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I rebooted my iPad the other day, on general principle, but the bug still occurs. It only happens if I stop typing when the first line extends about 80% or more across the screen (landscape mode), then I reposition the cursor to insert more text somewhere before that. If the inserted text is long enough to approach the right margin, typing jumps to the end. It doesn't seem to happen editing the second or subsequent lines, only the first.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to us on this. I will let our Tech team know about your problem.

Stay tuned! ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps they can solve another thing, too (or is it just my iPad?)

When I use the app for some time, suddenly I can see no answers, avatars only. Everything else goes blank.
A few moments later the app closes without me doing anything, and I have to open it again.

It's not a problem, it's just annoying to do that twice or three times a day.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps they can solve another thing, too (or is it just my iPad?)

When I use the app for some time, suddenly I can see no answers, avatars only. Everything else goes blank.
A few moments later the app closes without me doing anything, and I have to open it again.

It's not a problem, it's just annoying to do that twice or three times a day.

That happens to me occasionally. Looks like an out-of-memory condition. Soon as I see an invisible post, I reboot, so I don't often crash to the home screen.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That happens to me occasionally. Looks like an out-of-memory condition. Soon as I see an invisible post, I reboot, so I don't often crash to the home screen.

It happens to me every day, once at least.

I reveal the multitasking bar and close all apps, when it happens. You mean I should turn off my iPad and then on again?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It happens to me every day, once at least.

I reveal the multitasking bar and close all apps, when it happens. You mean I should turn off my iPad and then on again?

Yes. I think the app has a bug that causes memory problems. Perhaps it caches every page yo read and doesn't release the memory.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I rebooted my iPad the other day, on general principle, but the bug still occurs. It only happens if I stop typing when the first line extends about 80% or more across the screen (landscape mode), then I reposition the cursor to insert more text somewhere before that. If the inserted text is long enough to approach the right margin, typing jumps to the end. It doesn't seem to happen editing the second or subsequent lines, only the first.

Well.....I had the same thing happen last night, trying to edit the first line. The first letter went in fine and then the rest jumped to the end of the line.

How frustrating it was.

Most reactions

Latest posts