1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Self Study

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AdmiralAdama, Jan 14, 2012.

1. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +596 / 0
    Are you ever nostalgic for something you've never experienced?

AA
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Sure. I read classics and would love to experience some times before I was born, for instance. Of course, they didn't have flush toilets then, so maybe I'd like to time travel only till my bladder made itself known.
  3. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    Nostalgic for something you've never experienced, you say?

The Roaring Twenties comes to mind.

Perhaps traveling across the deep blue sea to get to the New World and the adventure of settling this country.

Maybe the hot, smokey jazz clubs around 1920-30. Or seeing the Rat Pack live and on stage in Vegas. Certainly the Beatles first shows in America.

I would add news rooms when we had reporters, decent editors, copy girls, Cub Reporters, fields of Remingtons and not one frigging bloody damn Internet connection to be seen.

The motion picture business when we actually made movies; when stars were actually worth a darn, when scripts were well written.