Seeking Desktop Conversion Dock -- USB and Monitor Inputs

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mr. Tibbs, May 20, 2012.

1. Mr. Tibbs

Mr. Tibbs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought my first Ipad the other day and it's coming in the mail this week. In the meantime I've been looking at accessories. I already have a nice wide-screen monitor, a wireless keyboard/mouse that connects to PCs via USB, and a good USB speaker set that I've been using with my old laptop. I would like to put this hardware to use. I've found a dock that has 3 USB ports, but it doesn't have a monitor connection. Does anyone know of a "desktop conversion" dock, one with a few USB ports and a VGA, DVI, or HDMI connection that one can use to quickly and easily transform an Ipad into a desktop when one's at home?

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    What kind of device let's you connect USB to an iPad other that the camera connection kit, whose use is very limited in terms of USB functionality?

You can get a bluetooth keyboard, speakers, VGA for screen to monitor, air print for printing and wifi to Dropbox for moving files. Not much really for USB. That is your "dock". :)