1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Seeking Desktop Conversion Dock -- USB and Monitor Inputs

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mr. Tibbs, May 20, 2012.

1. Mr. Tibbs

Mr. Tibbs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought my first Ipad the other day and it's coming in the mail this week. In the meantime I've been looking at accessories. I already have a nice wide-screen monitor, a wireless keyboard/mouse that connects to PCs via USB, and a good USB speaker set that I've been using with my old laptop. I would like to put this hardware to use. I've found a dock that has 3 USB ports, but it doesn't have a monitor connection. Does anyone know of a "desktop conversion" dock, one with a few USB ports and a VGA, DVI, or HDMI connection that one can use to quickly and easily transform an Ipad into a desktop when one's at home?
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    What kind of device let's you connect USB to an iPad other that the camera connection kit, whose use is very limited in terms of USB functionality?

You can get a bluetooth keyboard, speakers, VGA for screen to monitor, air print for printing and wifi to Dropbox for moving files. Not much really for USB. That is your "dock". :)